Josiah's Potatoe Bar Recipe #2 (Truffle Mashed Potatoes)

Garlic truffle mashed potatoes… Need I say more? Well, I will because I love these guys. If you haven’t had the pleasure of trying truffles before, there isn’t a better dish than this! I honestly think that truffles were made purely because of how amazingly they pair with potatoes. This creamy, garlicy, truffle mound of happiness will definitely be a crowd pleaser! I have only had raving reviews about this recipe; in fact, my dad even loves it, and he isn’t a fan of garlic.

Truffle Mashed Potatoes:

*3 pounds potatoes, cut into smaller, equal-sized pieces to hasten the boiling process.
1 cup milk
½ cup heavy whipping cream
6 tablespoons butter
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2-4 tablespoons truffle oil (depending on how intense you want the truffle flavor)
Chopped bacon for garnishing (optional but highly advised)

*(I always use red potatoes in my mashed potatoes because the skins are so thin that you don’t need to peel them- only a nice scrub down! This saves me much time and annoyance; however, the potato selection all up to your preference.)
Directions
Put the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, about 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes to evaporate any excess water, allowing for a more flavorful dish.

Put the milk, cream, and butter into a small saucepan (or microwave) and place over medium heat. Warm until the butter has melted into the cream, and the mixture’s warm.

Using a masher, mash the potatoes in the saucepan. Add the garlic, cream, butter, salt and pepper and mix well using a large spoon. Stir in the truffle oil, top with bacon, and serve.

Comments